Friday, October 18, 2013

Review: Mark of the Devil

Mark of the Devil (1970)
Corrupt witch-finders terrorize an English village during the height of witch hunting days. This is a classic witch hunting movie with plenty of gruesome torture. While most of the superstitious paranoia in this movie remains effectively disturbing, some of the absurdity of the (like believing marionettes are tools of the devil) is played for laughs. Over all I'd say its on par with The Conqueror Worm, and although this one lacks Vincent Price there are some good performances here, the character Albino being especially memorable. Also, I recognized a lot of the audio from this movie from being sampled in the album  Dopethrone by Electric Wizard. I really enjoy this type of movie, there is something really stylish about them that I dig, not really sure what that says about me psychologically...

No comments:

Post a Comment