Friday, October 18, 2013

Review: The Mummy's Curse

The Mummy's Curse (1944)
This will be my innagural review for the project I have started, the goal is to have a review for a horror movie I have never seen before for each day of the month of October. Its mostly for my own amusement, but maybe I will get some of my friends to see some movies they otherwise wouldnt.
We are going to kick it off old-school with 1944's The Mummy's Curse. This would be one of the last original Mummy movies made by Universal, and the last time Lon Chaney Jr would wear the bandages for the role. The oddest thing about this movie is that its inexplicably set in the Louisiana swampland, where the previous two movies were set in New England. But it means we get to see 1940's stereotypes of Cajuns which is kind of entertaining. Its definitely not the best iteration of the plodding mummy looking for his undead girlfriend formula, but it has some fun moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment